durusmail: mems-talk: RE:Silicon Nitride Deposition(room temperature)
RE:Silicon Nitride Deposition(room temperature)
RE:Silicon Nitride Deposition(room temperature)
Martin.WALKER@oxinst.co.uk
2003-03-31
PECVD will give a poor quality film if you try to deposit at low
temperatures.  The density drops and it becomes very hard to get low
hydrogen content below about 200 degrees C.  The way to achieve this is to
use high density PECVD, that is with an ICP source.  The system is similar
to a basic PECVD system, but with an inductively coupled source on top.
This runs with a mixture of Silane and nitrogen (rather than ammonia, as is
normally used in PECVD) and can operate with the substrates at room
temperature.  Deposition rates are low, around 15nm/min, but RI of 1.96 can
be obtained, with very good RI uniformity (+/-0.002 on a 100mm wafer).
Anyone interested, please email me for a datasheet, stating size of wafer.
Martin Walker B.Sc.(Tech.) M.Sc.
Tactical Marketing Engineer
Oxford Instruments Plasma Technology
North End, Yatton, Bristol, BS49 4AP UK
T.+44 (0)1934 837031  F.+44 (0)1934 837001
E.
W.

>[mems-talk] Silicon Nitride Deposition(room temperature)
>Gowtham,
>
>The only way to get a good film at room temperture is with an IonBeam
sputter
>deposition system. They put down very high quality films at room
temperature,
>you can even use photoresist as a liftoff mask. It works well.
>
>I hope this info helps,
>
>Charles Ellis,
>Auburn University Microelectronics Laboratory
>

>Quoting Gowtham Vangara >:
>
> Hi Everyone,
> I am trying to do a deposition of silicon nitride, at room temperature ,
> which is very vital for my research project. The temperature that would
suit
> the deposition is 300 degrees. I ve done the deposition at 300
successfully.
> I want to know how I could deposit the film at room temperature, or at a
max
> 70. One of the Suggestions that i ve received is to increase the rf power.
> but before advancing i would like to get some suggestions from people if
they
> have done this before.
> thanks and regards,
> Gowtham Vangara,
> Graduate Research Assistant,
> Department of Electrical Engineering,
> High Density Electronic Center(HiDEC),
> University Of Arkansas,
> Fayetteville, AR 72701
> options, visit
> Hosted by the MEMS Exchange, providers of MEMS processing services.
> Visit us at

 ###  OXFORD INSTRUMENTS   http://www.oxford-instruments.com/  ###

Unless stated above to be non-confidential, this E-mail and any
attachments are private and confidential and are for the addressee
only and may not be used, copied or disclosed save to the addressee.
If you have received this E-mail in error please notify us upon receipt
and delete it from your records. Internet communications are not secure
and Oxford Instruments is not responsible for their abuse by third
parties nor for any alteration or corruption in transmission.

reply