durusmail: qp: Re: Adding new accounts to 'users'
Adding new accounts to 'users'
Re: Adding new accounts to 'users'
2006-09-25
Re: Adding new accounts to 'users'
Michael Watkins
2006-09-25
* David Binger wrote [2006-09-25 11:24:57 -0400]:
> Modify qp.site.__init__.py to set the path to be:
> ${QP_SITES}

+1, assuming you mean an environ var.

> ~/qp_sites
> ~/.qp_sites
> ~/.qp_sites

+1 - this will certainly help those who do not have root access to machines,
although I would expect that most of those have custom PYTHONPATH settings
anyway.

> Add an __init__.py to qp.demo, so that the demo sites can, if
> desired, be run using "qp --base=qp.demo start"

Shows how they can group apps if they like. Some might take
to having staging and production instances on the same machine

# staging in python path
qp --base=staging -s someapp start
# regular production...
qp -s someapp start

+1 Feels very nice and probably is sufficient to address my occasional wish
for an easy way to "disable" a site without moving it out of qp.sites.
Usually staging / deployment testing related issues leave me with that
hankering.

reply