durusmail: qp: Static files in subdirectories.
Static files in subdirectories.
Static files in subdirectories.
Mario Ruggier
2007-07-23
Quoting Ernesto Adorio :

> On 7/23/07, Mario Ruggier  wrote:
> >
> > Is there a reason why you want to do it file by file, as opposed to by
> > folder?

> Thanks, Mario.
>
> I don't know why I really choose StaticFile over StaticDirectory. Maybe just
> because it is there :) as in the examples or it was done when I used Quixote
> for my initial project? I used both StaticFile and StaticDirectory in the
> project.   OT: Maybe StaticFile should be deprecated then? Since its
> capabilities can be subsumed by StaticDirectory?

Sometimes it is very handy to be able to explicitly expose a single static file
-- i think the qp demo sites use that for the site's favicon.ico export.

Besides, StaticDirectory uses StaticFile for each file it serves.

In any case, while both are extremely handy, in a high-traffic site you will
anyway want to expose statics more efficiently...

OT: One of QP's most attractive features is the short, clear, concise and 100%
comprehensive documentation [*] that, it seems, you have not yet read ;-!!

I suggest you print it out, and read thru it... over a few breakfasts, lunches,
or any other preferred context.

[*] The source code ;)

reply