durusmail: qp: ANN: Evoque - managed eval-based templating
ANN: Evoque - managed eval-based templating
ANN: Evoque - managed eval-based templating
mario ruggier
2008-03-14
On Mar 13, 2008, at 11:48 PM, Tristan Short wrote:

> Mario,
>
> This looks very interesting. When are you planning to release the
> evoque
> updated gizmo version?

Hi Tristan,

thanks...

I am not particularly pressed for that release, even if it is mostly
done. I would have like to take the opportunity to consider a little
re-organization of the code and functionality, and maybe to adjust
focus of the package. More on this soon, i hope...

I'd like to also stress the fact that evoque is generic and has really
nothing to do with gizmo(qp), apart from meeting all requirements set
by it. Your post has triggered me to document how one could use evoque
with qp and, strangely enough, it seems that evoque integrates with qp
more naturally than it does with gizmo(qp)... take a look at this doc,
that describes an evoque-empowered echo qp demo site:
http://evoque.gizmojo.org/ext/qp/

> btw I am enjoying delving into gizmo.

Ah, interesting, and thanks. I'd be curious to hear of any impressions,
problems, etc, you may have... anything specific you are trying to do
with it?

To actually answer your question, I could wrap up the current trunk
into a new release, in a very near future (week or so) but I am not
particularly excited about that idea. It would anyway be an interim
type release, as I'd like to revisit some of the essentials... i'd need
a little more convincing.

mario

reply