durusmail: qp: RELEASED: Updates of Durus, QP, Qpy, Sancho, and Dulcinea
RELEASED: Updates of Durus, QP, Qpy, Sancho, and Dulcinea
RELEASED: Updates of Durus, QP, Qpy, Sancho, and Dulcinea
Michael Watkins
2009-01-10
On Sat, January 10, 2009 4:11 am, Mario Ruggier wrote:
> $ python2.5 bench/bigtable.py qpy evoque evoque_mq
> qpy:              55.85 ms

> $ python2.6 bench/bigtable.py qpy evoque evoque_mq
> qpy:              30.82 ms

Happy New Year Mario, it's good to hear from you.

I wonder why there was a much bigger change in performance of QPY for me
moving from Python 2.5 to 2.6 - maybe my Python 2.5 build was mangled
somehow. You and David both reported seeing significant performance
improvements but not the 4 or 5X I noted.

It will be nice to see some string optimization and other IO improvements
in Python 3.0 although third party package availability is probably a
bigger issue for many at present.

One thing is for certain - your templating solution and QPY itself are
more than "fast enough" on any Python platform right now - being faster
than almost every other commonly used Python templating approaches out
there. Whether the program-centric nature of QPY templates fits the
developer or project is another matter.

reply