durusmail: qp: Apache2 configuration for the proto example.
Apache2 configuration for the proto example.
Apache2 configuration for the proto example.
Ernesto Adorio
2010-08-11
Hi all,

To add further clarity or obfuscation to the discussion, when I tried
it on my domain,
the contents of the javascript file proto.js  is displayed if
http://mydomain/proto  is the url but an error results if I specified
http://mydomain/proto/.

Any ideas?? Perplexed...

Ernesto.

On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 9:30 AM, Ernesto Adorio
 wrote:
> Thank you David and Mike,
>
> I think the Apache2 server setup for QP is a legitimate area for QP questions.
> I think I got the QP-scgi side correct now. Now I have to fix the
> Apache again. It was working WITHOUT the  scgi entry in the config
> dict with the server accessed as http://mydomain:8003.
>
> I just wish the docs contained a working Apache2 config for the proto
> example, so we can concentrate on writing insanely great QP
> applications.
>
> Assuming that the scgi_address field ("127.0.0.1", "3007") was added
> to the config dict,
>
> How do I complete or correct the following skeleton for a virtual host
> which should be accessed as
>
>                    http://mydomain/proto?
> or as           http://proto.mydomain?
> or even as http://mydomain:8003?
>

> LoadModule scgi_module  /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_scgi.so # Ok.
>

>    AddDefaultCharset utf-8
>    ServerName www.mydomain
>    ServerAlias mydomain
>   DocumentRoot /var/www/
>    #ErrorDocument 500 /500.html
>    #ErrorDocument 404 /404.html
>
>    # handle all requests throug SCGI
>    # SCGIHandler On         # not allowed here !
>    # SCGIServer 127.0.0.1:3007 # not allowed here!
>
>    SCGIMount /dynamic 127.0.0.1:3007    # no error here.
>    ProxyPass /proto  scgi://127.0.0.1:8003/  # no error here.
>

> But I can't get the browser to display the scgi app.
>
> Again, TIA.
> -Ernie.

reply