durusmail: quixote-users: puzzled by trailing / in URL
puzzled by trailing / in URL
puzzled by trailing / in URL
Ray Drew
2001-10-15

[...]
> > /qdemo/12/ works but /qdemo/12 doesn't. (there are further
> options after 12,
> > so to be consistent, shouldn't /qdemo/12 work like /qdemo does?)
>
> That's odd -- it works for me, either with CGI or FastCGI.  In
> particular, /q/12 issues a redirect to /q/12/.  Your assumption that
> /q/12 should work just like /q is correct, and in fact it
> does work that
> way.  Or it least it's supposed to.
>
> How does it work when you run the demo as a CGI script?  Again, this
> might be a mod_python thing, or a mod_python-under-NT thing.

I couldn't get this to work at all with cgi but I worked out why it wasn't
working under mod_python - The demo location match in web-server.txt is

which I cut and paste into my apache http.conf. When I changed this to
^/q(/|$) to match the default URL_PREFIX everything worked fine.

Thanks,

Ray Drew
CONFIDENTIALITY - The information in this e-mail and any attachment is
confidential and is intended only for the named recipient(s).  The E-mail
may not be disclosed or used by any person other than the addressee, nor may
it be copied in any way.  If you are not a named recipient please notify the
sender immediately and delete any copies of this message.

reply