durusmail: quixote-users: quixote, java servlets, jython???
quixote, java servlets, jython???
quixote, java servlets, jython???
Andrew Kuchling
2001-10-29
On Mon, Oct 29, 2001 at 10:57:57AM +0100, Bud P . Bruegger wrote:
>* how difficult would it be?  How much effort do you estimate, What would I
>have to modify?

I think it would be quite difficult; the major stumbling block would
be getting the importing of PTL files to work.  The current code uses
the compiler package included with Python 2.x to parse Python code and
generate byte codes for it; this would need to be reworked to use
Jython's bytecode generator, and probably its parsing code as well.
Implementing this is likely to be a sizable project.

After that, there would be simpler things left to do, such as building
HTTPRequest/Response from the information provided to a servlet, but
the import hook would be the hardest thing to port.

>* as a followup:  is there any hope to run ZODB/ZEO in jython?  (I noted
>there is some C mixed in).

People occasionally make noise about writing the requisite Jython code
to make the ZODB work, but I don't believe anyone has done so yet.

--amk

reply