durusmail: quixote-users: Re: quixote: next step
Resend: Re: quixote: next step
Re: quixote: next step
2000-10-25
Re: quixote: next step
Re: quixote: next step
Python Interfaces
Re: quixote: next step
Kaweh Kazemi
2000-10-26
[should be my first post into the mailing list ;)]

> >        if original_path[-1] != '/':
> >    IndexError: string index out of range
>
> OK.  This is a minor bug; PATH_INFO is an empty string, so accessing
> the first character fails.  What should Quixote do with an empty
> string?  Perhaps the most reasonable behaviour is to assume that /q/
> is equivalent to /q/index.

seems like a good idea.

> Hmm... trying your example, it works fine for me and I can't see any
> obvious problems in the code.  Are you using MS IE?  IE is notorious
> for ignoring the content-type header and just guessing based on the
> extension of the URL, which might explain the HTML tags not being
> interpreted.

yes, i am using MS IE. but this "seems" not to be the problem, because some
part of
the template code is not handled correctly.

i have changed the code a little bit and experimented with it:

template html(request, response):
    """

    Title

    This is a test:
    """
    l = dir(request)
    for r in l:
        """

request.""" r """ = """ #eval("request." + r) """ """ if you let the eval statement be commented out, everythings fine, you'll get something like: This is a test: request._orig_env = request.base = ... but if you execute the eval statement, you'll get follwing output:

request.script = http://shadow/cgi-bin/q.py

request.session = session 213.47.22.41:0972514505:082F912C5F153AB1 (no user)

request.stdin = ', mode 'r' at 007971B0>

request.steps = [] the "Title..." part is NOT in the HTML source code. there must be something funny happening with eval, but i am not sure what. this is really wired. well, i've now also updated my linux server (which is just a web host accoun t, where i am only allowed to install stuff into my cgi-bin directory, so the quixote and(!) compier packages are directly installed into my cgi-bin directory). starting quixote there, i get following (unformatted) traceback: Traceback (most recent call last): File "/www/fettpartie/cgi-bin/quixote/publish.py", line 270, in call (os.environ['SCRIPT_NAME'], File "/www/fettpartie/cgi-bin/quixote/publish.py", line 163, in traverse_url (script_name, path_info, object) = \ File "/www/fettpartie/cgi-bin/quixote/publish.py", line 98, in _traverse original_path) TraversalError: not found: /quixote.cgi well, that's all for now, folks. ;) kaweh

reply