durusmail: quixote-users: Converting PTL to .py files (for use with py2exe)
Converting PTL to .py files (for use with py2exe)
2005-01-18
Graham Fawcett (2 parts)
Converting PTL to .py files (for use with py2exe)
Graham Fawcett
2005-01-18
David Binger wrote:

> Hi Graham,
>
> The current ptl compiler compiles to pyc files that can be loaded
> without installing the ptl import hooks.

This is just in Quixote 2.x, right?

> Does that have any impact
> on a py2exe strategy?

It should solve the import hook problem. As long as
quixote.qx_distutils.qx_build_py works well with modulefinder + py2exe
during the dependency search, it ought to do the trick. If there is any
stumbling block, it would probably be with modulefinder trying to derive
the source-filename foo.ptl from the discovered file, foo.pyc (instead
of looking for foo.py).

I'll test this when I can (or perhaps someone with an existing Quixote
2/py2exe environment could chip in?)

Thanks, David! I really should get up to speed with the 2.0 work (in
spite of my grumbling about the request parameter going away ).

-- Graham

reply