durusmail: quixote-users: Re: Quixote + SQLObject Sessions (was Single-signon in Quixote)
Single-signon in Quixote
Quixote + SQLObject Sessions (was Single-signon in Quixote)
2005-02-02
Re: Quixote + SQLObject Sessions (was Single-signon in Quixote)
Re: Quixote + SQLObject Sessions (was Single-signon in Quixote)
Jorge Luiz Godoy Filho
2005-02-02
Charles Brandt wrote:

>> Cool!  If you do, drop it on the wiki -- I'm sure other people would
>> be interested.
>>

> A few weeks ago I did just that and I've been meaning to tar it up and
> post
> it to the list.  Thanks for the reminder! :)  You can grab it here:
> http://www.charlesbrandt.com/quixote_sql_sessions.tgz

It would be *very* nice to have a default implementation of this on Quixote
itself.  Something that one could just:

import Session
import dbAPI2CompliantRDBMSDriver

conn = connect_to_rdbms(...)
cursor = cursor(conn)...
session = Session.session(..., db=cursor)

It would make Quixote a lot more productive and would avoid each and every
one of use coming out with our own homemade solution.  Since we rely on a
DB API compliant driver, we already know what to use.

I wouldn't go as fas as you did and use SQL Object because having another
dependency is something that has to be carefully thought.  I'm trying to
use Quixote with projects that don't use any database at all.

> Please let me know if you have any changes or comments, etc. I've also
> made a note of this on the wiki.
> (http://www.quixote.ca/qx/StoringSessionsInDatabase)

It will help a lot.  Thanks!

--