durusmail: quixote-users: Session affinity with SCGI?
Session affinity with SCGI?
Session affinity with SCGI?
Neil Schemenauer
2005-02-09
On Wed, Feb 09, 2005 at 11:14:51AM -0500, Graham Fawcett wrote:
> Has anyone considered, demoed or implemented a session-affinity
> mechanism in mod_scgi? In other words, once a "session" has been
> instantiated for a user from an SCGI process, all future requests in
> that session will be handled by the same process. (Definition of
> "session" is intentionally vague, since I'm fishing.)

Not that I've heard.  You would have to change the parent SCGI
server process so that it read the request, looked at it and then
decided which child to pass it off to.

You might take a look at mod_lisp.  It is very similar to mod_scgi
and it includes some kind of session affinity feature.  There is
nothing Lisp specific about it.

  Neil

reply