durusmail: quixote-users: Getting Quixote to work with SCGI
Getting Quixote to work with SCGI
Getting Quixote to work with SCGI
Neil Schemenauer
2002-08-14
On Wed, Aug 14, 2002 at 08:12:14PM +0100, Hamish Lawson wrote:
> I added the following section to Apache's httpd.conf file.
>

>         SCGIServer 127.0.0.1 4000
>         SCGIHandler On
>

> But when I attempt requests for /dynamic, I get back a response of
> "Forbidden: You don't have permission to access /dynamic/ on this server."

You can startup a minimal SCGI server by running scgi/scgi_server.py.
It listens on port 4000 by default and returns a plaintext dump of the
request.  Using that instead of the Quixote handler would remove some
complexity from your setup.

It seems like something is wrong with mod_scgi and Apache.  Perhaps you
have to enable access to /dynamic, something like:

         SCGIServer 127.0.0.1 4000
         SCGIHandler On
         order allow,deny
         allow from all

The default access could be restrictive.

> In order to get scgi-0.4/scgi/passfd.c to compile without complaining
> that msghdr didn't have a msg_control member, I had to define _XPG4_2
> in order for that member to be included from
> /usr/include/sys/socket.h.

It looks like the right way to do this is:

    #define _XOPEN_SOURCE 500

Any Solaris gurus out there?

  Neil

reply