durusmail: durus-users: Interesting BTree failure
Interesting BTree failure
Interesting BTree failure: SOLVED
Interesting BTree failure
David Hess
2011-08-15
On Aug 15, 2011, at 9:12 AM, David Hess wrote:

> On Aug 15, 2011, at 8:50 AM, David Binger wrote:
>
>> This sounds like the offset mapping in memory is somehow out of sync with the
file.
>> We've never seen this condition,  which is obviously bad.  I'm concerned
>> about this and trying to figure out how it could occur.

I should note that this mis-mapping was not just in process memory. It was a
permanent change to the database and occurs each time you open it and access an
affected object.

Thinking about this some more: if that object was worked with during the pack
and yet it was ghosted and was trying to reload its state - that implies that
not only commits occurred during a pack but also a cache shrink.

Is it safe for a cache shrink to occur during a pack?

We're going to work on building a test app that can recreate this problem.

Dave
reply