durusmail: durus-users: Durus pycon paper available
Durus pycon paper available
Durus pycon paper available
Peter Fein
2005-03-24
On 03/21/05 01:04 PM CST, David Binger
sayeth:

> On Mar 21, 2005, at 11:38 AM, Thomas Güttler wrote:
>
> > Am Montag, 21. März 2005 16:56 schrieb David Binger:
> >> http://www.python.org/pycon/2005/papers/17/
> >
> > Thank you very much for this paper.
> >
> > Do Btrees know their size? Or is getting the size of a btree
> no
> > expensive, becaus it needs to traverse all nodes?
> yes

I use a BTree to underly one of my data structures.  I originally
developed it using a dict, and added a member to keep track of length
during modify operations.  Perhaps the same could be done for BTrees
natively? Sorry for the non-patch suggestion, but we're moving away from
Durus for scalability reasons & I don't have time ATM.

--
Peter Fein                 pfein@pobox.com                 773-575-0694

Basically, if you're not a utopianist, you're a schmuck. -J. Feldman

reply