durusmail: durus-users: Eliminate __dict__ from persistent btree, bnode, dict, list and set
Eliminate __dict__ from persistent btree, bnode, dict, list and set
Eliminate __dict__ from persistent btree, bnode, dict, list and set
XMPP/Jabber chatting (was: Re: [Durus-users] Eliminate __dict__ from persistent btree, bnode, dict, list and set)
2006-10-31
Re: XMPP/Jabber chatting
2006-10-31
Eliminate __dict__ from persistent btree, bnode, dict, list and set
Mike Orr
2006-07-05
On 7/5/06, David Binger  wrote:
>  Just the other day,
> someone asked
> me if it was safe to assign attributes to a PersistentDict:  it is,
> as long
> as you avoid "data" and the other inherited names.  Your change would
> change the answer from "yes, with care" to "no".  I bet that does break
> some existing code.

I asked about this, so I can put attributes on the root object.
root.chemicals[1234].name makes more sense than
root["chemicals"][1234].name, when the number of attributes is few and
relatively fixed.

--
Mike Orr
reply