durusmail: durus-users: Eliminate __dict__ from persistent btree, bnode, dict, list and set
Eliminate __dict__ from persistent btree, bnode, dict, list and set
Eliminate __dict__ from persistent btree, bnode, dict, list and set
XMPP/Jabber chatting (was: Re: [Durus-users] Eliminate __dict__ from persistent btree, bnode, dict, list and set)
2006-10-31
Re: XMPP/Jabber chatting
2006-10-31
Eliminate __dict__ from persistent btree, bnode, dict, list and set
Mike Orr
2006-07-06
On 7/6/06, Patrick K. O'Brien  wrote:
> Personally, I don't think supporting arbitrary attributes is a very good
> idea in the context of a database.  For the one example Mike gave,
> dotted syntax support could be provided by custom __getattr__ and
> __setattr__ methods on PDict.

I don't care how it's implemented as long as I get dotted access.
Translating to key lookups is fine.

--
Mike Orr
reply