durusmail: durus-users: My wish-list for Durus 3.6 (20060922)
My wish-list for Durus 3.6 (20060922)
My wish-list for Durus 3.6 (20060922)
David Binger
2006-09-29
On Sep 22, 2006, at 2:23 PM, Jesus Cea wrote:

> - - Be able to "replicate" a durus storage via the backend ability to
> propagate changes to other (remote) processes. For example, BerkeleyDB
> supports replication natively.

It would not be difficult to write a client that polls the master server
periodically to get invalidations, reads the invalid object records,
and writes
the object records to a different server.  The only hitch I can think of
is that any other connections to the "slave" server must be read-only.

reply