durusmail: durus-users: My wish-list for Durus 3.6 (20060922)
My wish-list for Durus 3.6 (20060922)
My wish-list for Durus 3.6 (20060922)
David Binger
2006-09-29
On Sep 22, 2006, at 2:23 PM, Jesus Cea wrote:

> 2. Fully implement "self.storage.sync()" support in
> serverstorage/filestorage. This implementation (currently partially
> done) would allow:
>
> - - Notify clients of objects garbage collected, to update their
> cache to
> a) reclaim memory early and b) to avoid "resurrecting" a dead object
> (for example, keeping (incorrectly) a nonpersistent reference around).

We could have FileStorage.sync() return the list of oids removed,
on the first sync() call after the completion of a pack.  The
StorageServer
could add these to the invalidation lists of all clients when the
pack completes.  This would give all clients a chance to unload the
state of obsolete objects.

reply