durusmail: durus-users: PersistentDict vs BTree
PersistentDict vs BTree
Re: PersistentDict vs BTree
PersistentDict vs BTree
Mike Orr
2006-10-31
On 10/23/06, Jesus Cea  wrote:
> Another option would use a single-thread server with the quixote
> instances acting as "clients" (sending search terms to the server). This
> makes sense because a) eats less RAM

This sounds like a good idea once I get the basic implementation done.
 All my database interaction is via a class with high-level methods,
so I could spawn a process that reads the database with FileStorage
and publishes the API class via SimpleXMLRPCServer, and provide a
dummy class for the clients that forwards all method calls to the data
server. Does that sound like a good approach?

--
Mike Orr
reply