durusmail: durus-users: Offline batch modifications
Offline batch modifications
Offline batch modifications
David Binger
2007-02-22
On Feb 22, 2007, at 5:06 PM, David K. Hess wrote:

> So, it sounds like I need to make sure and do just one pickle for
> transferring each graph of interconnected objects? And that will
> make sure that each object that might be interconnected in multiple
> ways inside that graph is still a single object with multiple
> references in the result?

That's correct.  You should give it a test run to make sure that
you have a clear picture of what is happening.

> That suggests to me an easy method of merging complicated graphs in
> two databases with some filtering. Just pickle/unpickle the root in
> the second database and then walk the result  and copy over items
> individually into the first? That should do the right thing and
> also move over all pieces of the object graph related to each
> copied item?

Maybe.  The difficulty of that depends on your graph structure.
It can help to move smaller "closed" subgraphs, if you have them.

reply