durusmail: durus-users: When the next release come out
When the next release come out
When the next release come out
Binger David
2008-04-09
On Apr 9, 2008, at 7:21 AM, Yong Zhang wrote:
> I just perfer to bsddb, because it has some advantages, such as
> startup time, database size is not limited by ram, pack btw etc.

Durus-berkeleydbstorage does have some features that we don't have in
standard Durus, but the some of the details changed when Durus 3.7 was
released.

When using Durus ShelfStorage, the startup time is short and does not
depend on the database size.  ShelfStorage keeps the index (as of the
last pack) entirely on disk, so the RAM usage no longer varies with the
number of objects in the database.  The packing happens in the
background,
and it does not require large amounts of RAM.

reply