durusmail: durus-users: Replication - thoughts, patches, thinking out loud.
Replication - thoughts, patches, thinking out loud.
2009-06-21
Peter Wilkinson (4 parts)
Replication - thoughts, patches, thinking out loud.
Replication - thoughts, patches, thinking out loud.
2009-07-07
Replication - thoughts, patches, thinking out loud.
Replication - thoughts, patches, thinking out loud.
2009-07-08
Replication - thoughts, patches, thinking out loud.
Binger David
2009-07-07
On Jul 7, 2009, at 12:57 PM, Neil Schemenauer wrote:
> I'm using the following script in combination with rsync.  It makes
> the syncronization much faster since rsync will only check the
> filename and mtime for most chunks.

I don't understand why splitting would be better than using
the --append flag on rsync.

If, in addition to the inode number, you watch for changes in the
ctime of the file and/or the .prepack file, I think you could
avoid the possibility of an inode number being the same in a
twice-packed  file.

reply