From: Daniel Dias [mailto:daniel.dias@physik.tu-darmstadt.de]
Sent: Monday, September 08, 2003 6:06 AM
To: mems-talk@memsnet.org
Subject: [mems-talk] HF/NH4F etching of diffractive optical elements

Hello,

I am coming from the fields of diffractive optics and I have the
following questions:

I would like to etch microstructures into a fused silica substrate with
a wet chemical etch
process. I have heard that HF/NH4F is appropriate to do that.
The structures have lateral feature sizes of 1-10 microns. The elements
should be
etched approximately 1-2 micron deep.

Has anyone made experience with similar processes and even fabricated
diffractive optical elements
in quarz glas? For an answer I would be grateful.

Thanks in advance
Daniel

reply