durusmail: mems-talk: Residue remover of RIE polyimide on Al metallization
Residue remover of RIE polyimide on Al metallization
Electrophoretic deposition
2004-06-21
Residue remover of RIE polyimide on Al metallization
Nels P. Ostrom
2004-05-25
I have encountered this problem also.  It looks like a black
or grey "soot" on the bottom.  It is not stuck to the bottom
of the features, and is moved when an alpha-step tip is
dragged across it.  In the past, I have cleaned the "soot"
from my features in an ultrasonic tank with either water or
solvents like acetone.  It actually works pretty well.  On
some occasions, I have had to iterate between the RIE and the
ultrasonic agitation because the "soot" acts as a mask.  I
have attempted to change settings on the RIE in order to
reduce the effect but I did not have any luck.  Hope this
helps.