durusmail: mems-talk: How to get rid of the trapped air bubbles in the microfluidic chamber?
How to get rid of the trapped air bubbles in the microfluidic chamber?
2004-07-02
How to get rid of the trapped air bubbles in themicrofluidic chamber?
2004-07-05
How to get rid of the trapped air bubbles in the microfluidic chamber?
Xu Jason
2004-07-02
Hello!
  I am doing some fabrication on the microfluidic chamber by PDMS. When I
try to inject the fluid into the chamber, using syringe pump, I always
found some air bubbles trapped inside the channel.
  Does any of you have the experience of handling this case? I tried to tap
the PDMS to get rid of them, but it worked not well.
  Thank you.

  Sincerely,
  Jian

>From: "Glenn Silveira"
>To: "General MEMS discussion"
>Subject: RE: [mems-talk] Trouble on CCL4
>Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 10:46:44 -0700
>
>Yun,
>
>I do not know the vapor pressure of CCl4 but I assume it is low. If you do
>not have enough head pressure in your cylinder the gas will not flow. One
>way to overcome this problem is to heat your cylinder. The only problem
with
>this method is the gas lines also have to be heated and to a temperature
>higher than the cylinder or the gas will condense back into a liquid. If
you
>can flow the CCl4 without the CF4 you may try to turn down the CF4 flow
and
>or pressure. If the CF4 and the CCl4 are on the same low-pressure manifold
>the CF4 can starve off the CCl4
>
>Best regards,
>
>Glenn Silveira

Ãâ·ÑÏÂÔØ MSN Explorer: