durusmail: mems-talk: How to get rid of the trapped air bubbles in themicrofluidic chamber?
How to get rid of the trapped air bubbles in the microfluidic chamber?
2004-07-02
How to get rid of the trapped air bubbles in themicrofluidic chamber?
2004-07-05
How to get rid of the trapped air bubbles in themicrofluidic chamber?
sxy154
2004-07-05
Hi Jian
You might try to use an electronic toothbrush, which is available any
WalMart.
Remove a tip of the toothbrush, and then you will see a metal tip.
Give some vibration by tuning on the toothbrush and touch it just on the
PDMS surface, which you want to remove bubbles. (It will push bubbles toward
outlet of your channels like an ultrasonic pump.)

Good Luck
Sung

Sung Yang
Ph.D. Candidate, Bioengineering
The Pennsylvania State University, University Park
Tel)814-865-6744, 6748
http://biomems.bioe.psu.edu