durusmail: mems-talk: KOH wafer edge protection for long etches
KOH wafer edge protection for long etches
KOH wafer edge protection for long etches
Brubaker Chad
2004-07-19
Arthur,

One method to build up KOH resistance is to perform an edge protection coat.
With this method, resist is dispensed only at the edge of the wafer, with the
specific intent of preventing etching. We've even developed a system that will
follow the flat of the wafer to ensure an even distribution of resist around the
entire edge.

Use of a following proximity bake will allow proper cure for excellent etch
resistance (so that your wafer doesn't come out looking like something that had
been nibbled by a mouse).

Best Regards,

Chad Brubaker

EV Group       invent * innovate * implement
Technology - Tel: (602) 437-9492, Fax: (602)437-9435 e-mail:
C.Brubaker@EVGroup.com, www.EVGroup.com

This message and any attachments contain confidential or privileged information,
which is intended for the named addressee(s) only. If you have received it in
error, please notify the sender immediately and then delete this e-mail. Please
note that unauthorized review, copying, disclosing, distributing or otherwise
making use of the information is strictly prohibited.