durusmail: mems-talk: Reg: problems with SU-8 bonding to the silicon wafer
Reg: problems with SU-8 bonding to the silicon wafer
Reg: problems with SU-8 bonding to the silicon wafer
Brubaker Chad
2005-06-29
Vishwa,

I have not encountered this myself, but it is apparently some form of
crosslinked SU-8 material, perhaps combined (reacted) with the IPA rinse
solvent (assuming you rinsed with this, of course). If this is the case,
try developing with SU-8 developer (PGMEA), and rinsing with a
compatible solvent/mixture (such as PGME/PGMEA mixture).

Another possibility is that it is a patch of SU-8 that for some reason
became a little rougher during develop, and so the "coloration" is due
to diffusion of light.  This could indicate an overexposure (perhaps
some exposure to UV below 350nm?). Also, SU-8 does have a thermal
crosslink temperature as well (I forget whether it is 110C or 150C at
the moment).

Best Regards,
Chad Brubaker

EV Group       invent * innovate * implement
Technology - Tel:  480.727.9635, Fax:  480.727.9700  e-mail:
c.brubaker@EVGroup.com, www.EVGroup.com

This message and any attachments contain confidential or privileged
information, which is intended for the named addressee(s) only. If you
have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately and then
delete this e-mail. Please note that unauthorized review, copying,
disclosing, distributing or otherwise making use of the information is
strictly prohibited.