durusmail: mems-talk: Gate insulator
Gate insulator
2005-06-29
Gate insulator
neal@zbzoom.net
2005-06-30
Dear Fabio,

I do not have experience with the best of the three for your purpose but
could suggest that the typical dielectric coefficients for the SOG can be
between 2.5 and 3.5  with a thickness that can range from 500 angstroms to
10,000 angstroms usual cure is 400 deg c in nitrogen the new material could
be cured at a lower temperature of about 200.
I know a company Filmtronics that can supply the SOG and there is the new
material they have that will go slightly over 10.000 angstroms ready for
use in the near future.

If you have interest for this you could call 724 352 3710.

For the BCB or Polyimide  the people at Futurrex in New Jersey might be
able to help you. they could take the time to explain what might work as
they make pos and neg resists and other polymers, Mr Sobcheck is the person
to talk to about crosslinking with UV. I am sure that he would have some
interesting comments.

Wish you good luck, Neal

  At 10:02 AM 6/29/2005 -0400, you wrote:
>Dear All
>
>I am looking for some dielectric as gate insulator.
>As far as I can tell from reading the list archives, the most common are:
>1) BCB
>2) Spin-on glass
>3) Polyimide
>After depositing the dielectric, I will need to do e-beam lithography
>(PMMA as resist and MIBK as developer) and evaporate metallic gates.
>The highest temperature I would like to use for curing should be <=200
>Celsius and the dielectric should be <500 nm thick.
>Can anyone suggest if any of the above dielectric might be
>better than the others? Also, has anyone ever used additives to
>cross link PMMA with UV
>Thank you very much
>
>Fabio
>
>--