durusmail: mems-talk: Bubbles in Photoresist
Bubbles in Photoresist
Vendors for AlN deposition by PVD (Sputtering or ARE) in USA
2005-11-07
Bubbles in Photoresist
Luigi Corti
2005-11-07
Kris
Bubbling in PR material, was really common in our lab. Especially,
az4620. As suggested by on reply, cleaning is very important, small
residual tent to trap the gas form exposure, which suppose to diffuse
through the PR in the atmosphere. You can also try 2 things that worked
pretty good for as.
1) degas your photoresit, we vacuum it, after each use.
2) increase your baking temp in 5C. be sure that you are still bellow
the crystal temp of the PR. if you pass this temp the PR will crack.

You can also try heating it up the pr material. We use a 3mm gap between
the Si and the hot plate for 1 min, before full contact backing.
I hope these is helpful for you
Giancarlo

Giancarlo Corti,
Graduate Student,  Mechanical Engineering
University of Idaho, POBox: 0902