durusmail: mems-talk: Please, stop asking annoying questions !
Please, stop asking annoying questions !
Please, stop asking annoying questions !
Torsten Wagner
2006-03-07
Hello Roger,

Roger Brennan wrote:
> I am delighted to help someone if I am able. Not everything is in Google or
> textbooks yet.  By the way, is mems-talk only for elitists?

Yes, I totally agree with you, that not all informations are available
online or in textbooks. Especially practical information are tricky to
find e.g. all this "rules-of-thumb stuff" and therefore (as far as I
understand) this list was created.
However, I do not claim to be elitist ;), just because I know how to ask
in a polite way. Furthermore,  I know how to supply all necessary
informations to people who are willing to help me. I'm also not be
elitist because of the fact that it could take me up to one hour to
formulate a question to this (or any other ) list.

* try to find similar questions and answers on the list
* gather all my "up-to-now"-infos
* check my request over and over again to avoid any misunderstandings
* try to write down exactly what is my problem or my concern
* write in in detail which kind of information I like to get (e.g.
general information, links, receipts, book-recommendation, more
theoretical or more practical side of view etc. )
* add some friendly words to make it a pleasure for people to answer

For sure this takes time. However, maybe even less time then writing an
answer to my request. Therefore, I believe it is just fair to take this
time. This will increase the amount of people who are willing to help me
and maybe will help people which similar questions.

Just far, that's all.

Bye
Torsten

reply