durusmail: mems-talk: DRIE - Heating Effects & influence on CMOS
DRIE - Heating Effects & influence on CMOS
DRIE - Heating Effects & influence on CMOS
Martin J Prest
2006-06-26
Mike,

I have experienced problems with freely suspended structures during DRIE, the
passivation/resist often fails resulting in etching away of structures.
Structures suspended on long thin springs are particularly susceptible.
I would also be interested in any publications about this effect.

Here's one reference I have found, which describes a heating effect, but not an
electric field effect:

Sensors & Actuators A 97-98 p. 691 (2002)

Regards,

Martin.

reply