durusmail: mems-talk: advantage of platinum over gold for micro-fluidic sensing
advantage of platinum over gold for micro-fluidic sensing
Integration problem!!
2006-10-09
Nickel dots selective removal!!
2006-10-10
advantage of platinum over gold for micro-fluidic sensing
daniele malleo
2006-10-04
Hello Rupesh,
to better answer your question you should clarify what you mean by
'microfluidic sensing'.
If you were doing, say, Impedance measurements, you might prefer pt
electrodes to successively coat them with pt-black which increases the
effective surface area and reduces the effect of the ionic double layer on
your impedance readings.

On 10/4/06, rupesh sawant  wrote:

> I am planning to deposit platinum or gold to fabricate electrode on glass
> substrate. I have read many papers saying that platinum is better choice
> as
> an electrode material for micro-fluidic based sensing but none of the
> paper
> tells me the exact reason. Can someone suggest me a review paper on
> electrode materials used in micro-fluidic sensing?
reply