durusmail: mems-talk: Just starting out in MEMS
Just starting out in MEMS
Problem on Pt depostion by FIB
Regarding residual stress
2006-11-06
Just starting out in MEMS
Beggans Michael H IHMD
2006-11-06
Jose,

You might also consider polymer science as a sideline also. Many of the
components of the process of making MEMS devices consist of using polymers -
photoresists, PDMS for microfluidics, hydrophobic coating, etc. That's a lot
of chemistry but also a lot of polymer (i.e. long chain chemicals) work
also.

It would also help a lot with the nano stuff if you want to go beyond just
MEMS.

Whatever the process that comes out, building nano is going to be completely
different.

Mike

Dr. Michael H. Beggans
Naval Surface Warfare Center, Indian Head
101 Strauss Ave. Bldg. 302            Phone: (301) 744-1927
Indian Head, MD 20640                  Fax:    (301) 744-6406