durusmail: mems-talk: intergrated Inductor
intergrated Inductor
intergrated Inductor
huy vo
2007-01-10
Tony,

  If you have a way of looking at the field of your coil, you will see that your
' line of metal' distortes the field of the coil. The amount of distortion
depends how well the insultation between that metal line and the coil on top of
it. Having the metal on the sub, I guess you can use LPCVD or PECVD oxide as
insulating material or else you would have to go with Spin on glass. If you want
to minimize the distortion and having a big working area, you will have to make
a hole in the center of the coil so that you can make the needed connection via
the back of the wafer.

  Cheers,

  H.

  From: "Homan, Tony J"
Subject: [mems-talk] Integrated Inductors
To: "General MEMS discussion"

Hi everyone-

I am attempting to create an integrated inductor (just a few coils on
my
substrate), and I was curious if anyone had experience with this or
something similar.  My main problem is how to get the wire back out
from
the middle of the coil.  I was thinking I could make a line of metal to
the center of my coil, and then cover it with some material allowing
the
next metallization to just go over that part.  I just don't know what
material would be best suited for this.  Please let me know if you have
any suggestions.

Thanks,
Tony Homan
reply