durusmail: mems-talk: SU8 peeling off
SU8 peeling off
Gareth Jenkins
2007-01-19
Since the smaller structures seem to come off preferentially I would
suspect your exposure dose is insufficient. Examine a section of the
PDMS structure to see what kind of profile you have - a negative slope
could indicate insufficient dose.
Also, it is not recommended to do the PEB in an oven. Use a hotplate
with a two stage bake and ensure you ramp slowly both up and down
(usually it's OK to let it heat up and cool down with the hotplate. Also
forget about the hard bake as it really isn't necessary for PDMS
moulding and can actually contribute to poor adhesion rather than
prevent it.