From: mems-talk-bounces@memsnet.org
[mailto:mems-talk-bounces@memsnet.org] On Behalf Of D. Zhou
Sent: Friday, June 01, 2007 3:00 AM
To: General MEMS discussion
Subject: [mems-talk] Absorbance measurement of multi-layer structures

Dear all,

I am now working on the design and characterisation of multi-layer
structures for efficient mid- or far-infrared radiation absorbers. I not

sure how to measure the absorption of the fabricated structure, for
example, a metal/Si/metal sandwich structure. In our group we can only
conduct transmission measurement. So how can we extract absorbance from
the
transmission data? Please give me some hints if you have any experience
in
this. Thanks very much.
reply