durusmail: mems-talk: Absorbance measurement of multi-layer structures
Absorbance measurement of multi-layer structures
Absorbance measurement of multi-layer structures
Raj Gupta
2007-06-07
Generally you cannot.  Incident light will be transmitted, absorbed, and
reflected.  You have knowledge of only one of the three components.  You could
null the reflection with appropriate polarization at the Brewster's angle, but
this requires prior knowledge of the film characteristics (complex permittivity
and thickness), which you do not seem to have.

I am unaware of any other mathematical tricks that involve the combination of
incident angles and/or polarizations to establish the absorbance spectra.
Perhaps others are.

--
Raj Gupta, Ph.D.
http://terahz.org