durusmail: mems-talk: RIE removal of S1818 photoresist
RIE removal of S1818 photoresist
Fluorine residues etching Cr and Au
RIE removal of S1818 photoresist
Jaibir sharma
2008-01-17
 Hello Mark ,

I feel that pressure  and power you applied is to high.

Please try this combination:

pressure=200 mT
power between 250 to 300 watt.
time 20 to 30 min

best of luck
jaibir

On Wed, 16 Jan 2008 Curtis,Mark E. wrote :
>Hello all,
>
>I’m using Shipley S1818 positive photoresist as a mask for wet-etching a
100 nm thick film of chromium.  After using a wet chemical photoresist stripper
there remains some photoresist residue on the surface of the chromium.
I’ve attempt to use a Trion RIE to remove the photoresist residue with the
following etch parameters:
>Gases/Flow Rate (O2/50 sccm),
>Pressure (500 mTorr),
>RIE Power (25 W), ICP Power (500 W), and
>Time (30 min).
>
>To my surprise, I found that not only did it remove the photoresist but also
the chromium.  Does anyone know of a good photoresist removal recipe for RIE
that will not etch chromium.  I have previously tried a shorter etch time (~10
min) but it did not completely remove the photoresist residue.

with regrads

Jaibir Sharma
Reasearch Scholar(PhD)
Electrical Department,