From: mems-talk-bounces@memsnet.org [mailto:mems-talk-bounces@memsnet.org]
On Behalf Of Adamson, Steve
Sent: Friday, March 28, 2008 11:47 AM
To: General MEMS discussion
Subject: RE: [mems-talk] About Die Bonding

David, I have heard that epoxy does not stick to gold very well. If X.P.
Zhu uses solder I can understand the gold flash. But this may not be the
best backside coating if he uses epoxy. What do you think?

Also he is using copper. That is going to have a huge TCE compared to a
ceramic. Depending on the temperature excursion and his bonding method
he could run into die cracking problems. However I agree with you that
Epoxy is probably his best bet.

reply