durusmail: mems-talk: TiO2 thin film mechanical properties deposition dry etching
TiO2 thin film mechanical properties deposition dry etching
TiO2 thin film mechanical properties deposition dry etching
Brent Garber
2008-04-03
Bhargav,

I can't answer most of your questions but here is what I do.  I use an
e-gun evaporator and start with Ti3O5.  After a good melt, I evaporate
at 3 angstroms a second.  I have an O2 over pressure of 2E-4 and have
the substrate above 250c.  I can dry etch it in Ar/Sf6/O2 but it is slow
and sometimes needs a 5 second BHF dip to clean completely.  I believe
the refractive index was 2.2.

I hope you can build on this.

Brent

Bhargav Nabar wrote:
>  *TiO2 thin film mechanical properties, deposition, dry etching.*
>
> Hello everyone,
>
> Titanium dioxide (TiO2) thin film mechanical properties : I need to deposit
> a thin amorphous film of Titanium dioxide TiO2 about 100 - 200 nm thick. If
> anyone has any information on the mechanical properties of thin film TiO2
> such as tensile strength, Young's modulus, Bulk modulus, Fatigue, Poisson's
> ratio, force -displacement results or pressure -displacement results please
> help.
>
> Titanium Dioxide (TiO2) deposition : What is the best way to deposit a thin
> film of TiO2 so as to have a very low surface energy?
>
> Titanium Dioxide (TiO2) Etching: What is the best dry etch chemistry for
> TIO2? Can TiO2 be etched in Ar/Sf6 plasma at 80-90 mtorr?
reply