durusmail: mems-talk: Re: Spinner for SOG
Re: Spinner for SOG
Re: Spinner for SOG
Shekhar Bhansali
1998-08-19
a: If you want to fill in the trench, you could use any material, SOG,
polyimide, negative/positive resist (depending on what you want to use to
pattern the gold electrode).  You can use the same spinner.

b:  Should you find it difficult to planarize the surface for the
cantilever, consider polysilicon.

At 02:40 PM 8/19/98 +0530, N K Choudhary (97307404) wrote:
>Hello,
>       I am trying  to fabricate a gold caantilever overhanging on a
>trench etched in Si. To make my cantilever stand erect I need to
>Planarise the surface. I plan to use thick Oxide to isolate my
>cantilever from the substrate hence using Oxide for planarisation is
>ruled out. I am thinking of using SOG for planarisation. My querries are
>       1. What should be the spin speed to coat SOG to a thickness of
>       2-3 microns?
>       2. Is it possible to use the same spinner which we use for
>       photolithography or a seperate spinner is a must?
>       3. What is the max. thickness we can get using SOG?
>

>regards
>nk choudhary

***
>Sqr Ldr N K Choudhary
>M.Tech (II).Electrical Engg.
>Microelectronics.
>IIT Powai.
>Bombay- 400 076.
>email:
***

Shekhar Bhansali
Senior Research Associate
CMSM, ECECS
University of Cincinnati
Cincinnati OH 45221-0030
Phone: (513) 556 0903  Fax: (513) 556 7326

reply