durusmail: mems-talk: Silanizing a Glass Microchannel
20um features using AZP4620
2008-08-06
Gas Phase Lubricant
Silanizing a Glass Microchannel
2008-08-21
Silanizing a Glass Microchannel
Kevin Paul Nichols
2008-08-20
As a follow-up to the question below (silanizing PDMS):

Does anyone have any advice for silanizing a glass microchannel? All that
matters for me is contact angle (the higher the better), so other
suggestions are appreciated as well. Any specific protocol details would be
useful.

Thanks,

Kevin Paul Nichols
MESA+ Institute for Nanotechnology
Mesoscale Chemical Systems
Meander 151
University of Twente
Postbus 217
7500 AE Enschede
The Netherlands

Office: +31 (0)53 489 26 31
Mobile: +31 (0)6 49 312 471
Fax   : +31 (0)53 489 35 95
Email : k.p.nichols@utwente.nl
Web   : http://mcs.tnw.utwente.nl/

> From: Bill Moffat
> Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 08:22:00 -0700
> To: Jian Wang , General MEMS discussion
>
> Subject: Re: [mems-talk] Gas Phase Lubricant
>
> If you pull a vacuum in the micro channel, then pull in the vapor of
> heptadecafluoro silane.  There are a variety of hepta deca's, get back
> to me for complete information.  This should give you a contact angle of
> 130 degrees compared to Teflon's 120 degrees.
>
>  Bill Moffat

reply