From: Michael Larsson [mailto:michael.larsson@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 22, 2008 3:11 PM
To: mems-talk@memsnet.org
Subject: Re: [mems-talk] SU-8 layer stick to mask after exposure

Hi Ruilin,

Well keeping your SU-8 in a small bottle in the fridge is not
detrimental per se, but it could cause problems if you were to open
the still cold bottle in a humid environment. This would cause water
condensation to contaminate your sample. I don't think condensation is
the source of the stiction problem, however. On the contrary,
contamination usually degrades SU-8 / substrate adhesion.

In your case, you have a thick resist layer, with some parts (most
probably the outer rim) thicker, and thus less dry, than others after
the soft bake. Try to incorporate an edge-bead removal program in your
spin profile, or increasepre-bake time or temperature to dry off even
the thickest regions. These are the only things I can suggest.

If you stil get stiction, then play around with the contact mode. Try
proximity instead of vacuum or pressure contact.

p.s. also perform a "pihrana" on the mask plate. It must be pretty gooey by
now.

Good luck.

Regards,

Michael Larsson