durusmail: mems-talk: Adhesion on Alumina
Adhesion on Alumina
Adhesion on Alumina
Evelyn B
2009-01-18
Gary,

Thanks for your response. I am going mostly by memory here.  I noticed the
adhesion problem by observing a difference in color between different
shapes.  Then when I measured with the profilometer one of them was 3.5 um
and the other 160 nm thick, so at this point it was very obvious that there
is a delamination problem.  Further SEM measurements cleary indicated the
delamination problem on the substrate.  I am not sure about this but I
believe the Ti layer is the only thing that stayed on the substrate and
every  other layer (Ag/Ti/Au) got peeled off after the lift-off.  However, I
don't see how oxidation can be the problem as I do not break vacuum during
my depositions.  Any other suggestions?

Thanks again,

Evelyn

--