durusmail: mems-talk: PLD Vs RF Sputtering Deposition of BST Films
PLD Vs RF Sputtering Deposition of BST Films
PLD Vs RF Sputtering Deposition of BST Films
Warren Dustin
2009-03-09
Hi Evelyn.  I have some experience with deposition of BST, but not
specifically on MgO substrates.  I can tell you that the main reason
that most people use PLD is because you can control the deposition and
subsequent concentration of each of the components.  Another reason is
that PVD targets are very difficult to have made.  We had a lot of
problems with cracked targets and quality control with the composition
of the targets themselves.  I think this is probably because of the
ceramic nature of the material.  However, I will tell you that the films
we were able to make were of very good quality when every little thing
went right, even better than the PLD process we eventually went to.

Best Regards,
Dustin Warren

EV Group
invent * innovate * implement
Application Engineer - Direct: +1 (480) 305 2447, Main: +1 (480) 305
2400 Fax: +1 (480) 305 2401
Cell: +1 (480) 274 3894