durusmail: mems-talk: Problem with oxygen plasma bonding of two pdms slabs
Problem with oxygen plasma bonding of two pdms slabs
Problem with oxygen plasma bonding of two pdms slabs
Lukas Bogunovic
2009-04-12
Hey TJ,

i cover my wafer using TDTS
(Tridecafluoro-1,1,2,2-tetrahydrooctyl-trichlorosilane) from www.abcr.de
(english website) for one hour in a simple desiccator with a standard
vacuum rotary vane pump attached. The desiccator is sealed and the pump
is switched of after 30min and then a wait another 30min before venting.
That works very well. Some of my wafers were covered with pdms and
peeled off several hundred times without any problem. I use a home-made
Plasma chamber with 0,1mbar oxygen and a tesla coil with 500kV for 20s.
After 30min, the PDMS devices are very stable and can be filled with
fluid. I never found any Silane attached to the device. Maybe you want
to try TDTS oder do you silane evaporation a little longer. Or maybe
your Plasma-procedure was too long. When i apply the plasma for 30s or
more, the pdms is covered with a thin film of glas (depending on the
applied energy). That won't stick as well.

Good luck!!

Best regards,
Lukas

@ÜÄ schrieb:
> Thank you!
>
> I think the silane treatment time may be a problem.
>
> I did 15 minutes of silane, as I've read off from a paper.
>
> I'll try doing at least an hour and see how it goes.
>
> Again, thank you so much!
>

> Best,
>
> TJ
reply