durusmail: mems-talk: anodic bonding with one wafer having metal patterns
anodic bonding with one wafer having metal patterns
anodic bonding with one wafer having metal patterns
Prasanna Srinivasan
2009-07-06
Nidhi,

You certainly have to consider the temperature efffects of the anodic
bonding. There is a possibility for the diffusion of gold into silicon layer
forming alloys thereby affecting the electrical resistivity. If you have any
integrated electrical connections made of Cr/Au, then you have to find some
way to protect it from exposing to high temperatures.

Regards,
Prasanna

On Sat, Jul 4, 2009 at 8:04 PM, nidhi maheshwari  wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I have metal patterns (Cr-Au and Platinum) in channels formed in
> silicon/silicon dioxide. I would like to bond this with a Pyrex wafer.
> Can you please suggest if anodic bonding of the patterned
> silicon/silicon dioxide and pyrex would be the best method to bond or
> I need to follow some other process for bonding. I am a bit doubtful
> of the implications of high voltage and temperature used for anodic
> bonding on the metal patterns.
>
> Any help in this regard would be highly appreciated.
>
> Regards,
> Nidhi
reply