durusmail: mems-talk: Replacement of critical point drying
Replacement of critical point drying
Replacement of critical point drying
Jie Zou
2009-11-07
What is your sacrificial layer? What liquid did your sample sit in before CPD?

In my case, I need to etch the oxide with 49% HF. So the sample is in
DI water after the HF releasing. The company MEMSCAP suggests to
replace the DI water with Isopropanol and then put it into oven to get
rid of Isopropanol. Isopropanol is supposed to generate much less
surface force than DI water.

Anyway, I never used that process since we have a quite good critical
point dryer. I think if you believe your beam is strong, maybe you
should try the process I just mentioned.

Jie

On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 2:01 PM, lin yu  wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to suspend a beam structure with 150nm wide and 10um long
> with critical point drying process. However, our CPD equipment is very
> violent while introducing liquid CO2. After this process, all the suspended
> beams are gone. So I was wondering if there's a possible replacement of
> CPD process to suspend beam structures. I heard that people use some
> kind of low surface tension liquid and air dry the samples. Does anyone have
> experience on this? Any suggestion is appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Lin

*  Zou Jie (Jay)
*  Department of Physics